We are only 4 Days away from our 7th Annual WCSC Parade of Lights for the benefit of Toys for Tots and for collecting canned goods for a local food pantry/bank! The parade will take place this Friday night, December 3rd and again on Saturday night, December 4th.
Are you going to Light ‘em Up?
- 1- First and foremost, this annual event is for the benefit of Toys for Tots and collecting canned goods for a local food pantry/bank! Help is Wanted to bring new and unwrapped toys and can goods to the WCSC clubhouse anytime between now and Wednesday, December 8th.
- 2- Help Wanted, to let us know if you're planning on decorating your boat and participating in the parade, even if it's for only one of the two nights! Skippers please register separately for each night.
- 3- FYI, we have checked with the Galley/Nami restaurant at Portman Marina and while the restaurant is now open, unfortunately they are unable to handle our group on Friday night. Therefore, we expect to return to the club after the parade and order pizzas for the group and warm up by the fire. This Friday night gathering will be BYOB. We have volunteer's Wanda and Barry Gwinn to keep the fire going in the clubhouse while we are out on the parade route on Friday night and to place the group pizza order as we are returning to the harbor. Please put your name on the signup sheet in the clubhouse lobby on Friday night with the number of people in your party if you will be joining us for pizza after the parade. Thank you!
- 4- Help Wanted, we still need several volunteers to man the gift collection and can goods collection over at Green Pond Landing on Saturday night. Bruce and Debbie Busbey have already stepped up for Friday night. Thank you!
- 5- We have volunteer's Keith Schrecengost and Peggy Bowman each night to take pictures and/or videos for sharing later and for use in the best decorated sailboat and power boat contest. Stay tuned for details.
- 6- Bruce Ehlert and Marvin Brinn have volunteered each night to drive the Whaler which will be designated as a Safety Boat/Photography Boat accompanying us around the parade route.
Please let Ronnie Ashmore know if you can Help with any of the Help Wanted tasks above.
On Friday evening, we plan to have a Skipper's meeting outside on the clubhouse deck at 1745. If you can't make it, email or call/text (864-420-4782) Ronnie Ashmore for the details that will be covered.
Each evening we will depart the docks in time to be outside of the breakwater ready to begin by 1830. They are expecting us to go by the Green Pond Landing and Event Center by 7'ish, so please be on-time for the departure.
For more information about this event scan this QR code:
Ronnie Ashmore (firstname.lastname@example.org) 864-420-4782 - 2021 Parade of Lights Co-coordinator